(Note: the raindrops were made with a brush from here)
Here’s my Christmas present to you all- two pictures on the same day! I hope you’re happy. I’m pretty happy with this one, although I think the water droplets could use some work. But it was certainly fun to draw the cutest/creepiest little girl in Umineko (surprisingly she’s not the only one). Merry Belated Christmas to everyone!
Here’s a picture I made a while back but haven’t been able to post it until now. I made this for HikaYagami’s Tokyo Mew Mew fanart contest, which was on Friday. It didn’t win anything, but that’s okay! Both the livestream and the contest were really fun to take part in. Congratulations to everyone who actually did win!
By the way, the clouds and wings were made with brushes from here. They’re also the ones I used for that Alice picture a while back.
EDIT: Same thing that happened with the sketch dump happened here. Fixed now.
Well, here’s just a little sketch dump I made. I don’t have a lot of these because I tend to work on a picture to completion instead of just sketching it. But I thought these pictures were good enough to post here, even if I never finish them. I’ll give a little description of each one so you know what it’s about.
- Ultimate Madoka again! I think this was the first I time I drew her, and as I said before, she’s great to draw.
- I drew this a few days ago. It isn’t a particular character, I just really wanted to draw that pose. I feel like my pictures don’t have a lot of really intense movement to them so I was trying to practice with this picture.
- This is really old picture of Erika from Umineko (seriously, I drew it like three years ago). And as you can probably tell, it’s not an original picture, it’s copied from an image in one of the openings. I always liked how it turned out though, and I was really proud of it at the time.
- This was the first time I drew Alice Liddell, and I think it was probably the best. I really need to remember what I did with this picture to make it work.
- Another version of Charlotte. Again, I think this is probably the best she’s ever looked. Original characters are hard to work with. 🙂
- BEATRICEEEE! Yeah, I drew this after finishing Requiem, and if you know how that story goes… This is probably the least completed sketch here, but that’s because I have no idea how to draw Beatrice’s dress. I do really want to do a fully completed picture of her sometime, though.
EDIT: Had to re-upload the picture, since it somehow got deleted. The image is exactly the same, although it might be at a slightly different size.
Charlotte’s back! And looking much closer to how I originally imagined her, I might add. She doesn’t have a finalized design or anything yet, so I’m still trying to figure out exactly how I want her to look. I did give her a last name, though. Now she’s Charlotte Goldstein.
This picture is also memorable because I used watercolors for the background…and now you can see why I don’t usually use them. Because it ends up looking like that. Seriously, I’m even worse at filling up the space with them than I am with colored pencils. I hope I can get better at them but for now I’ll just have to bear with it.
This one turned out so nice! I’m really happy since I was struggling with it so much in the beginning. While I was linearting it, though, I decided to try and add more details to it than I normally do, and for some reason that actually made me able to focus on it more and take more time in actually making it look nice. And, honestly, Ultimate Madoka is just fun to draw in general. It’s one of the reasons I love her so much. As a side note, I just started school again, so my posts will probably become even more erratic than they already are. I won’t disappear though, don’t worry. 😉
This picture took so long, it’s not even funny. And the reason was those freaking cards. For some reason they’re seriously hard to draw. Ah well, at any rate, everything else turned out all right. This was always my favorite stage in the game. I think the music and artwork gave it such a nice atmosphere.
The clouds are from a GIMP brush set from DeviantArt, although I totally forgot who they belong to. I’m such an idiot. You’ll probably find them if you just look up GIMP cloud brushes though.
Here’s another one of my OCs. Her name’s Riyu (as you can tell from the title XD). She’s part of a magical girl story that I’ve been nursing in my head for a few years. Dunno if I’ll ever get around to releasing it, but it’s fun to work on nonetheless.