Well, here’s just a little sketch dump I made. I don’t have a lot of these because I tend to work on a picture to completion instead of just sketching it. But I thought these pictures were good enough to post here, even if I never finish them. I’ll give a little description of each one so you know what it’s about.
- Ultimate Madoka again! I think this was the first I time I drew her, and as I said before, she’s great to draw.
- I drew this a few days ago. It isn’t a particular character, I just really wanted to draw that pose. I feel like my pictures don’t have a lot of really intense movement to them so I was trying to practice with this picture.
- This is really old picture of Erika from Umineko (seriously, I drew it like three years ago). And as you can probably tell, it’s not an original picture, it’s copied from an image in one of the openings. I always liked how it turned out though, and I was really proud of it at the time.
- This was the first time I drew Alice Liddell, and I think it was probably the best. I really need to remember what I did with this picture to make it work.
- Another version of Charlotte. Again, I think this is probably the best she’s ever looked. Original characters are hard to work with. 🙂
- BEATRICEEEE! Yeah, I drew this after finishing Requiem, and if you know how that story goes… This is probably the least completed sketch here, but that’s because I have no idea how to draw Beatrice’s dress. I do really want to do a fully completed picture of her sometime, though.
Charlotte’s back! And looking much closer to how I originally imagined her, I might add. She doesn’t have a finalized design or anything yet, so I’m still trying to figure out exactly how I want her to look. I did give her a last name, though. Now she’s Charlotte Goldstein.
This picture is also memorable because I used watercolors for the background…and now you can see why I don’t usually use them. Because it ends up looking like that. Seriously, I’m even worse at filling up the space with them than I am with colored pencils. I hope I can get better at them but for now I’ll just have to bear with it.
Well, this didn’t turn out anything like I imagined, haha. The colors look a lot better in real life, I swear. For some reason my scanner wouldn’t pick it up right. Anyway, here’s Kokoro from Touhou Project. I should probably mention that Touhou is my favorite video game series and work of fiction in general, so I wanted my first fanart picture to be of it. Kokoro is one my favorite characters as well (she’s so pretty!) Unfortunately, this picture didn’t come out very well 😦 It still captures the emotion (or lack thereof) that I wanted it to have though, so I guess that’s a plus.
For my first piece of artwork here I thought I’d go with an original piece. This is a traditional artwork, as you can tell by all the white spaces I left while coloring 😉 For some reason I still have trouble with that when I color, even though I’ve been working with traditional pieces for a long time. Anyway, I inked this with a Micron pen and and used colored pencils to draw this. I don’t think I had much of a mind process on what the picture was going to look like – I just wanted to draw something that was emotional and I knew I wanted one of the eyes to be covered with something. Also, I do realize the lighting isn’t really right, as there should be a light source behind her from the window. I actually didn’t come up with the idea for the background until after I finished coloring the girl so that’s why. I like to think there’s some kind of lamp or something right behind her though, which is why she’s being lighted from the front. Well, overall, I’m mostly happy with how this picture turned out and I’m glad I got to show it here.